Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Beginning

Well, I am very excited to be in this class, and while I thought I knew very little about Web 2.0, this week's lecture made me realize I know a little more than I thought.  Ironically, while most people seem to be progressing in technology, I seem to be getting left behind.  As a middle/high school student, I was an avid Napster (and Bearshare..and Limewire...) user, as well as a constant AIM  chatter, and Geocities site creator. I used Myspace and Facebook fairly early, and find it ironic that none of my friends would sign up for social networking sites, but now all of them have joined one and I have pretty much lost interest.  I have never used Twitter or blogged, and am learning about wikis and RSS feeds.  I am a little bit left behind by technology, mainly by choice. For example, I don't have a smart phone because most of them have keyboards and touch pads, which makes it hard to text with one hand or without looking.  I haven't been impressed with any gaming systems since Super Nintendo because all of the new controllers have too many buttons for me.  Laptops without wireless keyboards drive me up the wall because I always accidentally move the page around or go back to a previous site when I'm trying to erase something.  I was also in denial that VHS tapes were becoming obsolete, at least until my Blockbuster switched to completely to DVD, but now all the Blockbuster stores near me have been replaced by grocery store Redbox machines...Obviously, technology is constantly changing, and I hope this class helps me keep up with the times!     

No comments:

Post a Comment