Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Eat My Brain and Gain My Knowledge

Actually, I wouldn't recommend it at this moment, because my mind feels like it is mellllting.  Tired and loopy, though I have enjoyed reading everyone's discussion board posts tonight.  Tomorrow I will finish up the last bit and see what I can learn about wikis.  As Dominique Tremblay mentioned, "With all these tweets, discussions, and blogs, this course feels like an information explosion!"  I would certainly have to agree, and this is certainly the most interactive class I have taken thus far.  Even though I was kind of dreading all this new info at first, I am actually really liking this weird sensation of being tech-savvy.  Now we'll see if I like it enough to keep it up after the class...I might have to take a "summer break" from all the information overload, the pool is already calling my name...or once again, that might just be an auditory hallucination caused by fatigue...     

2 comments:

  1. We're having much the same experience. I dreaded all of this information (and I certainly feel that I've experienced an information explosion!), but now I feel rather proud of having navigated my way through it. I can stop blinking stupidly whenever RSS feeds or Twitter are mentioned.

    I vote we have a post-Maymester pool party. Now where exactly do you live? (HA! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...a no technology allowed pool party! Haha. I was kind of hating on all of this stuff before I started this class, but then today in a meeting I brought up how useful Twitter might be for our library and someone made the joke, "Why, so we can tell everyone what we're doing every second of every day? Did you want to share with them what you're eating right now?" In a way I was almost secretly defensive about it because I know how useful it is now, but at the same time they sounded just like I did, oh, say a week ago...

    ReplyDelete