Sunday, May 20, 2012

Content Management Systems

So,  apparently I know more about CMS than I  realized, especially since I've been moderating my library's program registration site for a few months now.  I've enjoyed having access to this, but also recognize the downfalls, such as the more people with permission means a higher potential for error.  One example I gave on the discussion board this week is another staff member deleting all the patrons who had signed up for an event simply by clicking on a red "X" because she thought it would only erase one participant who had cancelled.  IT was able to recover the information, but it definitely caused a headache.  Alright, on to relax and listen to this thunderstorm, Joomla will be on the tackling block tomorrow.  I have no idea what a tackling block is, but it seemed to make more sense than saying chopping block since I don't plan on berating Joomla and sending it home until the reunion show.

2 comments:

  1. A tackling block has something to do with sailing I think. Yeah those lethal red Xs. I did that in LibGuides and dumped the archive of my Special Collections Newsletters Ouch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You actually inspired me to look it up. I didn't find tackling block, though I do get the sailing reference, but I did find a lot about blocking and tackling in pulley systems and in football moves. Learn something new every day..

      Delete